See this page in your Language

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Debts of emotion


His eyes was filled when he said `good bye´to me at the New Delhi Railway Station. I don´t even remember his name, though we had a lot of conversation in this train journey from Kerala to New Delhi. We met in this 2 days train journey and he always lead the conversations among the co passengers. When he said, that we could meet some times in some journeys like this, his eyes were filled. Though, I was not touched by his emotion, I kept thinking of the that human feeling that filled his eyes. Could it be the tears of satisfaction on the fulfilment of his Karma? What ever it is , I always wonder, what make us smile at a stranger with thinking so much of the consequences,what makes us suffer when we see someone suffer without thinking, they don´t belong to us? …..Is it just a human instinct? Which part brain does that? Is that a reflex?

I always wondered in these questions and never got a convincing answer. But, it seems easy to accept it was just a karmic debt. An emotional debt that we owed that person for whom we suffered, to a stranger whom we smiled at. Life seems like a journey where we pay off our debts of emotions. We might be creating some debts too, but its better to believe that we pay off them, because in the end we will have an empty hand. I am sure that joy can make our eyes filled, just like that soldier I
met on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment